The Clinical Nutrition Internship Program (CNIP) is designed for medical students to foster interest in the role of nutrition in the practice of medicine, medical research, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Be currently enrolled in a medical or osteopathic medicine program
- Select a qualified mentor in one’s 五福彩票通用版15 institution or a location of their own choosing. A qualified mentor must be a nutrition professional who is a member of ASN who agrees to perform this role in advance of the application and is identified with contact information included in the application.
- Participate in an 8-week internship (typically during the summer)
- Document ability to sustain interest and further advance understanding of clinical nutrition within medical school following the internship and provide acknowledged support of the applicant’s advisor
If an applicant is unable to identify a mentor in their 五福彩票通用版15 or other institution of their choosing, the following institutions have offered to host an internship for summer 五福彩票通用版15. Travel/lodging expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Los Angeles, California (UCLA)
- New York, New York (Columbia University Medical Center)
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
- Richmond, Virginia (Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (University of British Columbia)
- Yakima, Washington (Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences)
One intern is chosen each year. A $2,500 stipend is provided.